Equilibrium is a successful, growing software company based just north of San Francisco. Our award-winning products have beaten the competition, and are in use at companies worldwide. We have received strategic venture funding from a publicly traded corporation and are poised for explosive worldwide growth. This represents a substantial upside potential for new employees. We are seeking qualified professionals to join our team at our sunny Sausalito, CA headquarters. We are looking for talented individuals to help us build our dynamic, scriptable video transcoding services and systems to meet the insatiable viewer demand for video everywhere. We value both personal creativity and team effort. This is your chance to expand your career in the accelerating online video revolution. If you have the qualifications and are up to the challenges outlined below, please contact us to discuss this attractive opportunity.
Comprehensive benefits plan including:
- Health Savings Account
- Up To Three Weeks PTO
Jobs Currently Available:
Position: Senior Information Technology Director
Join a team building a highly scalable video system for the enterprise that makes and reports the results in real-time. Candidates should have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for working on high-performance, next generation systems. In the role, you would be working with an application stack that leverages open-source tools, Azure, Amazon EC2, and the MediaRich Server Technologies.
Candidates will at least be familiar with the technologies we are using but may not have had the opportunity to acquire deep experience in previous job settings. However, you should have a true passion for technology that is apparent in your work and/or personal projects.
- Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements (a.k.a. stay ahead of possible scalability bottlenecks)
- Work with machine learning team to implement optimizations to increase operational effectiveness
- Maintain multiple server room locations
- Ability to set up cloud infrastructures at Amazon EC2 and/or Microsoft Azure
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Strong sense of ownership and track record of quality work
- Exercise good judgment about which tools to use and when to use them
- Extensive HTML5, Java deployment experience and solid Linux/Unix skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
The Senior Information Technology Director’s primary responsibility is to oversee the streamlined operation of the IT department and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization.
- Data Center Management
- Platform Management
- Data Storage, Protection and Management
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Information Security
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies
- Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, end users, and manage and/or provide guidance to members of the team
- Develop and review budgets for the IT department and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines and objectives. Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements
- Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure systems
- Establish and maintain communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets
- Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases
- Perform database transaction and security audits
- Manage the acquisition and ongoing maintenance of the organization’s domain names with the appropriate registrars
- Assess, recommend, and purchase Web authoring, development, and publishing tools as required
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and/or procure Help Desk software for internal staff and external clients
- Oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues
Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 3 years related work experience.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Knowledge of VM Ware, HyperV, Cloud Deployment technologies
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Please submit resume to: hr (@) equilibrium.com
Position: Inside Sales Department: Sales
Compensation: DOE, plus commission and stock options Start Date: Immediate Location: Sausalito, CA (Marin County)
The Inside Sales Representative will be a key member of the sales team. The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Representative will be to follow through on warm and hot leads in the fastest growing enterprise sales market: enterprise video and SharePoint collaboration enhancement. This position requires a sales-style that is HIGHLY motivated to achieve/exceed goals and focused on pursuing and closing enterprise sales deals. This individual should be technical in nature, will be able to absorb complex product capabilities with positioning to enable enterprise productivity.
The Inside Sales Representative have experience surrounding an enterprise account to refine the sales process for each opportunity. This individual will interface with multiple companies, and have worked with sales engineering teams and is experienced with Netsuite and account management techniques. Also, s/he will manage all levels of influencers and decision-makers within the account and will have savvy negotiation skills to push for the close.
This individual will be squarely focused on new sales, in addition to following up and prospecting new business daily. Participation at company trade shows, conferences and seminars will be required. Equilibrium requires the skills of a strong, seasoned sales professional who works hard, efficiently and is ambitious to capitalize on this unlimited commission potential. This individual must have a proven track record in managing a pipeline to qualify, refine and close in Netsuite.
Ideal candidate will have these attributes:
- Sales Executive with strong contact base in Fortune 1000 accounts.
- Must have experience selling Enterprise Solutions
- SharePoint and Dynamic Visualization and Video for eCommerce Solutions a Plus
- Used to growing and attaining a multi-million pipeline
- Experience closing large transactions. Average size deal is currently $50k-$350k with the potential for 2-4 multi-million dollar closed pipeline transactions per annum
- Perform all activities in the sales cycle – prospecting, qualifying opportunities, developing proposals, proving value and ROI and “Getting to Yes”
- Intelligent, strong education background
- High energy and enthusiasm, motivated to succeed, great phone skills
- Passionate about how technology and the Internet are impacting business today
- Ability to cold call at the C and VP level, research and bring those leads to close
- Excellent presentation skills (with the ability to present to the highest levels of management) are required
- Technically knowledgeable with the ability to analyze prospects’ environments, identify their business issues and demonstrate how our solutions solve them
- Skilled at giving tailored product presentations, applications studies, financial impact (ROI) and demonstrations to illustrate the benefits of products and services
- Must have strong decision making abilities and negotiation skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Track record of 5+ years of experience selling technology based solutions
- Promptly enter and maintain all information about prospective and active customers (from initial contact to contract) in the CRM system
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-moving technical, and entrepreneurial organization with more leads than we can handle
Please submit resume to: hr (@) equilibrium.com
Position: Account Development Manager Department: Sales
Compensation: Base From $40,000-$60,000 (depends on experience level) + Quarterly Bonus Compensation Based on Meetings Established and Closed Deals AND Stock Options Start Date: Immediate
Location: Sausalito, CA (Marin County)
We’re seeking an entry-level Account Development Representative to join our team. Are you a recent college graduate looking for Professional Sales experience in the dynamic software sales field? If yes, this could be a great opportunity!
Persistent ADM’s will work with the sales team to support their selling efforts through a combination of:
- Cold Calling
- Soft/Warm lead follow-up
- Arranging meetings for Sales Executives
- Opportunity to learn Sales 2.0 and log information into NetSuite CRM system
Qualifications and Skills desired:
- Telesales experience or experience cold-calling is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Experienced in high tech sales is a bonus.
- Excellent speaking, & writing skills necessary with a focus and attention to detail.
- Clearly communicate to prospects the value of our products and in turn communicate customers’ requirements to our company staff.
- Strong understanding of “information worker” Technology and content management systems is an advantage
- Track leads, execute follow-up calls, schedule tasks for other team members
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- A strong desire to work hard and get the job done!
Growth potential to become a full Sales Representative.